Where I'm Currently At In Life: An Update



I haven't posted a blog in awhile, mainly because I haven't had anything to write about. But here I am again. This time I'm here to give an update on what's happening in my life after a few months.

For those who probably don't know, I changed my major. I am now a business administration major, in hopes to work for St. Jude's fundraising/meet and greet branch called ALSAC. I switched from nursing, not because I didn't want to help those kids anymore, but many reasons actually. I got a job last fall as a scribe for a hospital here in Denton. That job sucked to be blatantly honest. I worked 10-12 hour shifts, sometimes super early in the morning, sometimes overnight. It was very taxing on me while I was in school. I also only got paid minimum wage, which I feel was not worth the job itself. During that job, I saw a lot of what nurses have to deal with, as well as figuring out I have PTSD from my childhood cancer treatment. PTSD can develop later on after childhood, and in my case, it was brought to my attention that because of it I would not be able to perform the necessary duties of a nurse. But with that, I believe that God has something bigger and better planned for me. I am still attending school at TWU here in Denton, and still love it. Denton is such a great city, because it has big city resources with a small town feel.

I now work in retail for Cracker Barrel here in Denton, which has its ups and downs. It's an easy job with decent pay, but it can get boring at times and we've been having trouble internally with management. I know there's a lot of you out there that have dealt with poor management, it's not fun. But I am still blessed with the job I have, considering it took so many tries to find a job in the first place.

Mentally, I'm doing alright. The next few months are going to be difficult, mainly because one of my best friends just moved away from Denton. Someone I would hang out with almost everyday, talk to about anything, and just have fun with won't be around anymore. It sucks, but I'm hoping that this next semester brings new, lasting relationships that are just as wonderful.

Other than that, I'm still single, broke, and I hold conversations with my cat on a regular basis. I'm blessed with what I have and I can't wait for what the future holds. <3

Also, I'm still trying to find people to join my St. Jude Walk Team! We'd love to have you come be a part of something great. If you can't join the team and have some spare money laying around, you can also donate! Link is: http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Walk/Walk?team_id=220689&pg=team&fr_id=89690

Comments